Fan clutches are one of the most misunderstood cooling components. A fan clutch controls the fan speed of the fan to meet the cooling needs of the engine. Almost all rear wheel vehicles use Fan Clutches to control the speed of the fan, this gives the ability to provide high air and good fuel economy.
There are three types of fan clutches;
1. Non-Thermal Fan Clutch
2. Thermal Fan Clutch
3. Electronic Fan Clutch
Southpointe Radiator carries:
Kitmasters Brand of fan clutches, spring engaged and air engaged fan clutches, Horton Brand fan clutches, replacement lining kits and much more.
Along with replacing your fan clutch we offer replacements for Horton air engaged and spring engaged rebuild kits. Rebuild bearing kits for KYSOR/BORG, warner fan and pulley hubs, and other replacement kits.
Horton Type Post 2001 Re-manufactured Spring and Air engaged fan clutches; Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, International, Mack, MCI Remote Mount, Mercedes-Benz brands of fan clutches.
A Fan clutch like any other part on a vehicle can fail or break, there are a few conditions a failing fan clutch can cause;
- Overheating in idle or in heavy traffic.
- Poor air conditioning performance due to the fan not cooling the air conditioners condenser down. This is located in front of the radiator.
- A fan clutch has the possibility of falling into a stuck position resulting in loosing power of the fan and decrease fuel economy.
- In cold weather climate when the heating system doesn’t blow hot enough air.
- If you hear grinding sound from the engine there is a possibility it is caused by worn bearings in the fan clutch.
Southpointe Radiator is here for all your fan clutch failures, replacements and rebuild kits! Proudly carrying Kitmasters Brand of fan clutches, we provide a 2 year, 200,000 mile warranty. Please contact us for any questions on our fan clutches or other products.