As a dedicated supplier for replacement parts on coolant tubes and fan clutches for Detroit Diesel heavy-duty trucks Southpointe Radiator is excited Detroit Diesel is making a comeback. Detroit Diesel will offer medium-duty diesel engines to Daimler Trucks North America in 2016. All model Daimler Trucks and Thomas Built School Buses will be carrying these new Detroit Diesel engines.
Operating big machinery is a skilled job, one that is not easy and holds high responsibility for truckers. That is why it is important to keep your truck maintained to prevent costly breakdowns and having to buy replacement parts.
With the abundance amount of heat the engine receives it is priority you keep close eye on how your fan clutch is operating properly or if you need to replace. Remanufactured fan clutches are available to replace your truck part.
A neglected diesel engine heavy duty truck can;
- Cause your warranty to be voided
- Cause diesel engine break down or malfunction
- Pollution Law penalty
- Expensive replacements and repairs
Diesel fuel has to be compressed at very high temperatures to burn fuel efficiently and to meet required laws. Luckily truck engineers and manufacturers have been working hard on ways to improve the engines cooling system this has included;
- Realizing cannot increase size of radiator
- Testing different ways to manage the airflow through the radiator
- Improved fin designs
- Increase cooling capacity
- Better designed fan clutch
- Better designed pumps
- Better designed coolant tubes
Practice the steps to maintain the health of your diesel engine heavy duty truck. Some repairs are unavoidable and are expected with wear and tear of the vehicle but save yourself the hassle of something happening unexpected. Remanufactured fan clutches by Horton are available for Detroit Diesel Trucks, Caterpillar, Cummins, International, Volvo and more. We offer FREE Freight in the continental U.S. on all coolant tubes. CONTACT US to see what diesel engine truck parts we can help you replace.
Fan clutches are one of the most misunderstood cooling components. A fan clutch controls the fan speed of the fan to meet the cooling needs of the engine. Almost all rear wheel vehicles use Fan Clutches to control the speed of the fan, this gives the ability to provide high air and good fuel economy.
There are three types of fan clutches;
1. Non-Thermal Fan Clutch
2. Thermal Fan Clutch
3. Electronic Fan Clutch
Southpointe Radiator carries:
Kitmasters Brand of fan clutches, spring engaged and air engaged fan clutches, Horton Brand fan clutches, replacement lining kits and much more.
Along with replacing your fan clutch we offer replacements for Horton air engaged and spring engaged rebuild kits. Rebuild bearing kits for KYSOR/BORG, warner fan and pulley hubs, and other replacement kits.
Horton Type Post 2001 Re-manufactured Spring and Air engaged fan clutches; Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, International, Mack, MCI Remote Mount, Mercedes-Benz brands of fan clutches.
A Fan clutch like any other part on a vehicle can fail or break, there are a few conditions a failing fan clutch can cause;
- Overheating in idle or in heavy traffic.
- Poor air conditioning performance due to the fan not cooling the air conditioners condenser down. This is located in front of the radiator.
- A fan clutch has the possibility of falling into a stuck position resulting in loosing power of the fan and decrease fuel economy.
- In cold weather climate when the heating system doesn’t blow hot enough air.
- If you hear grinding sound from the engine there is a possibility it is caused by worn bearings in the fan clutch.
Southpointe Radiator is here for all your fan clutch failures, replacements and rebuild kits! Proudly carrying Kitmasters Brand of fan clutches, we provide a 2 year, 200,000 mile warranty. Please contact us for any questions on our fan clutches or other products.