When looking for a cleaning diesel particulate filter near me, look no further than SouthPOINTE Radiator. At SouthPOINTE Radiator we offer quick and accurate cleaning for all types of Diesel Particulate Filters.
Diesel Particulate Filter Introduction
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) introduced regulations requiring the use of DPFs in heavy-duty diesel engines. This started in the 2007 model year. These regulations were part of the EPA’s emission standards for on-road diesel vehicles and aimed to significantly reduce particulate matter and nitrogen oxide emissions.
It’s important to note that regulations and requirements can vary by vehicle type (e.g., cars, trucks, buses) and can be subject to updates and revisions over time. Therefore, it’s recommended to refer to the specific regulations and standards in your country or region for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding DPF requirements.
Cleaning Service Available
At SouthPOINTE Radiator we offer two types of DPF cleaning, Thermal DPF Cleaning, and Liquified DPF Cleaning. The thermal process involves tagging the DPF, then loaded into a digitally controlled electric oven. The filter is baked for 8 hours. The oven heats them up to 1000 degrees, then is loaded into a manual blast cabinet. Flow tests are run and maximum ash removal is performed.
Liquified DPF cleaning our system lets you properly clean and dry a dirty DPF in four hours or less. The deionized water & surfactant stream maneuver around the complicated cell structure of a DPF, removing and recovering debris found inside the filter.
Reasons To Clean Your DPF
Cleaning a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) is essential to maintain its proper functioning and to ensure optimal performance of the diesel engine. Here are a few reasons why cleaning the DPF is important:
- Preventing blockages: Over time, particulate matter, including soot and ash, accumulates in the DPF. If the filter becomes excessively clogged, it can lead to blockages, restricting the flow of exhaust gases. This can result in reduced engine power, increased fuel consumption, and potential damage to the engine. Regular cleaning helps prevent blockages and ensures proper exhaust gas flow.
- Restoring filter efficiency: A clogged DPF loses its effectiveness in trapping and removing harmful particulate matter from exhaust gases. Cleaning the DPF helps restore its efficiency, allowing it to effectively capture and remove particulates, thereby reducing emissions and maintaining compliance with environmental regulations.
- Extending DPF lifespan: Cleaning the DPF on a regular basis helps extend its lifespan. By removing accumulated soot and ash, the DPF can continue to operate optimally and provide effective filtration. This reduces the need for premature replacement, which can be costly.
- Maintaining engine performance: A clean DPF contributes to maintaining the engine’s performance and efficiency. When the DPF is functioning properly, it allows for optimal exhaust gas flow, which in turn helps the engine operate efficiently, improving fuel economy and reducing the risk of engine problems.
- Compliance with regulations: In many regions, diesel vehicles are subject to emissions regulations that require the DPF to be in good working condition. Regular cleaning ensures compliance with these regulations and helps avoid potential penalties or legal issues.
Finally, contact SouthPOINTE Radiator today to schedule your DPF cleaning right now!